Man Dies After Catching Fire While Surfing On Top Of Commuter Train

Posted: November 10, 2014 by subwaycreatures in Dumb
Tags: , ,

1415590910217_Image_galleryImage_A_21_year_old_man_is_hosp

Gawker: Train employees discovered a man on fire this weekend after he apparently accidentally electrocuted himself while train surfing in Connecticut. According to reports Metro-North employees discovered Brian McClellen, 21, burning on top of a Manhattan-bound commuter train when the power suddenly shut off around 5 am Sunday. McClellen had reportedly been enjoying a long train-surfing session when he was suddenly electrocuted by a mechanical arm called a pantograph, which transfers electrical currents from overhead lines to the train.Greenwich police told reporters they believe there may have been an explosion when McClellen was electrocuted. Metro-North employees had to use fire extinguishers to rescue the 21-year-old, who was transported to a burn unit and remains in critical condition. “Subway surfing is simply one of the dumbest things you can do,” reports common sense and an MTA spokesperson.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s