Gawker: Train employees discovered a man on fire this weekend after he apparently accidentally electrocuted himself while train surfing in Connecticut. According to reports Metro-North employees discovered Brian McClellen, 21, burning on top of a Manhattan-bound commuter train when the power suddenly shut off around 5 am Sunday. McClellen had reportedly been enjoying a long train-surfing session when he was suddenly electrocuted by a mechanical arm called a pantograph, which transfers electrical currents from overhead lines to the train.Greenwich police told reporters they believe there may have been an explosion when McClellen was electrocuted. Metro-North employees had to use fire extinguishers to rescue the 21-year-old, who was transported to a burn unit and remains in critical condition. “Subway surfing is simply one of the dumbest things you can do,” reports common sense and an MTA spokesperson.
So yesterday I tossed up a video of a woman eating a hotdog off the floor of the NYC subway. Now we have this drunk specimen collecting chips off the floor and stuffing her mouth on the MetroNorth. I guess these people don’t visit the site or Instagram page enough to see the kind of shit that happens on these trains.
Anyone who lives in NYC area knows what it’s like to take the Long Island Rail Road or Metro North home on a Saturday night. This is it–amateur hour. My guess is this was probably over someone stepping on someone’s shoe or looking at someone the wrong way. I guess we can give them credit for not driving drunk though…right?