This is unreal. Heart goes out to those affected!
When you come out of your storm cellar and it looks like the opening scene of Terminator that has to be the scariest thing ever. The fact that this thing was big enough to rip an entire town off the map is unreal. Speechless…
Sink holes have to be by far one of the scariest natural disasters. I mean one second you’re standing in your house and the next you’re falling into a massive hole in the ground. Just horrifying. The worst part is that you don’t know how deep or how big the hole is so just like this guy, you could be watching it and all the sudden become part of it. Here’s my personal list of the scariest disasters:
1. Tornado at nighttime (F1? F5? Who knows cause you can’t see the goddamn thing! All you can do is listen and hope it doesn’t toss your ass into the neighboring state)
2. Tsunami (The warning systems for these things is less than 5 minutes. Not enough time for me to get down from my 11th floor NYC building and out of Manhattan. I’m fucked.)
3. Tidal Wave (All I think of when I hear tidal wave is that scene from Deep Impact when that massive wall of water is rushing toward the coastline. There’s nothing you can do if that really happened. You’re dead)
4. Sinkhole (No warning systems for these and if you’re lucky enough to experience one, hopefully you don’t fall into the middle of the Earth)
5. Landslide/Avalanche (Hear that rumbling noise? Feel everything shaking? Nope, not an earthquake. That’s half a mountain on it’s way to your front door to bury you alive. Maybe you’ll get rescued…if you don’t suffocate before then.)
Imagine one of these things coming at you? I’m from NYC so we don’t get many tornadoes, but when you throw fire into the mix, it’s scarier than finding out you and Rosie O’Donnell are the last two people on Earth and the human race depends on your procreation.